Sunday, March 6, 2011

Viktor & Rolf


Viktor & Rolf are to me one of the most interesting design duo's out there. Their clothes never really follow trends, they just do their own thing : find a theme and follow thru. Last season it was the idea of a men's shirt, and this one it is the idea of medieval armor. While other avant-garde designers feel unrealistic and off-putting, I always think that the Dutchmen's creations have a sort of whimsy and beauty that always makes me smile, and most of the collection is actually quite wearable. Their spring 2010 chainsaw massacre tulle ball-gowns have become almost iconic and Fall 2011 will probably end up being just as recognizable! I would just love to meet a fierce bitch that is a V&R customer, she would be my kind of gal.

Images via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment