Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Salone del Mobile aka Disneyland

I went to Milan on Friday with school for a few hours (yes 12 hours of bus in a day but it was worth it) to visit the Salone del Mobile aka the Word's most important design happening aka Disneyland for design lovers. I started off the day by having lunch at Obika mozzarella bar in central Milan. We ate the most AMAZING ricotta spinach ravioli and had a tasting of 3 different kinds of fresh buffalo mozzarella.  As you can see, the view was worth a million bucks. 
The whole city gets into the Salone game, unlike the bi-yearly fashion weeks, this event is open to the public but still super relevant. Here is Via Montenapoleone in the Golden Triangle, one of the best shopping districts in the world. Every year the city sponsors some sort of art installation on this street, these squiggly white suspensions must have looked great at night!

The Kartell casa was beautiful, super high end bathrooms with ghost lamps an the most elegant garden furniture, like these light sculpture/planters.
We finished the day at the Wallpaper Handmade exhibit at Palazzo Brioni. Those who know me well know how OBSESSED I am with Wallpaper magazine, it is my ultimate design reference. I dream of working for them one day... 
I was so excited when they gave me a free Wallpaper! It isn't even out yet in Switzerland so I felt super special :)
Hopefully one day Ill be able to come back to the Salone del Mobile for the whole five days, it could be a great holiday or a wonderful business trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment