Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Menswear goes gaga


People who follow Lady Gaga closely know that her stylist, Nicola Formichetti, was appointed creative director of Thierry Mugler, a very legit french fashion house. Back in the 80's and 90's Mugler was the hot ticket item. With bold designs and a super flamboyant namesake designer, the brand was über successeful and launched the iconic Angel perfume. Then, Thierry became obsessed with body building and basically left his own brand to concentrate on perfecting his body. Oh, the things rich people can do.

Fast forward to 2010 and Nicola Formichetti is put in charge of reviving the brand, which had pretty much become obsolete to the newer generations. Months before the announcement was made, both Lady Gaga and Beyonce have worn multiple vintage Thierry Mugler outfits... that was probably a hint of things to come.

Today Nicola presented his first collection, F/W 2011. From what I can tell he's off to a good start, he showed extremely sharp tailoring that would look amazing on skinny lads like me, as well as interesting coats. The model casting was quite interesting to say the least and the only negative I could find was the odd fabric clouds covering certain models, but I guess Fashion is supposed to be a "show"...

And now the BIG kicker for GAGA enthusiasts like me... she created an exclusive soundtrack for the runway show which will be available for viewing online tomorrow at 6pm. I know, I know its hard to wait that long but head over to THIERRY MUGLER and listen to the mood music... I am PRETTY sure it is a remixed snippet of Lady Gaga's new material, and I think it's just so dreamy and wonderful! I honestly think her new album is going to be out of this world. 

1 comment:

  1. Thierry Mugler looks like such a creeper now

    ReplyDelete